Digital Flocculators in 4 and 6 positions with timer and illuminated back panel to allow standard conditions to be met during Jar Testing.
Practical and Reliable
- Designed to be used on-site for immediate results
- Powered by dedicated battery or car cigarette lighter
- Anti-skid base for stability
- Central light to facilitate reading
- Choice of 20-40-50-100-200 rpm stirring speeds
- Selectable operating time for unattended operation
- Reliable and repeatable results from VELP stirring quality
- Precise speed from an electronically controlled DC gear motor
- 4 samples can be processed in parallel
- Stirring rods adjustable in height without tools
- Strong resistance to chemical and mechanical corrosion
What is JAR TEST?
Jar testing is a pilot-scale test of the treatment chemicals used in a particular water plant.
It simulates the coagulation/flocculation process in a water treatment plant, helping the operator in the determination of the right amount of treatment chemicals, and, thus, in improving the plant’s performance.
Jar testing entails adjusting the amount of chemicals and their sequence in which they are added. The sample requires to be stirred so that the formation, development, and settlement of floc can be watched just as it would be in the fullscale treatment plant.
The operator then performs a series of tests to compare the effects of different amounts of flocculation agents at different pH values to determine the right size floc.