Precise and Easy to use
- Speed can be changed during the run
- Illuminated back panel to simplify sample observation
- Stirring rods adjustable in height without tools
- Reliable and repeatable results from VELP stirring quality
- Precise speed from an electronically controlled DC gear motor
- Strong resistance to chemical and mechanical corrosion
- Independently selectable speeds 10-15-30-45-60-90-120-150-200-300 rpm
- Same product can be submitted to different conditions in parallel
- Choice of 4- or 6-place models
What is JAR TEST?
Jar testing is a pilot-scale test of the treatment chemicals used in a particular water plant.
It simulates the coagulation/flocculation process in a water treatment plant, helping the operator in the determination of the right amount of treatment chemicals, and, thus, in improving the plant’s performance.
Jar testing entails adjusting the amount of chemicals and their sequence in which they are added. The sample requires to be stirred so that the formation, development, and settlement of floc can be watched just as it would be in the fullscale treatment plant.
The operator then performs a series of tests to compare the effects of different amounts of flocculation agents at different pH values to determine the right size floc.