- The variable stirrer shaft can be adjusted to the optimal position in either 500, 1000 or 2000 ml DURAN® GL 45 bottles
- Semi-rigid tubing with 1.6 to 6.0 mm bores can be used to add or remove liquid or gas
- The connections (2 x GL 14 and 2 x GL 18) provided permit addition or removal of media from the bottle during the mixing process
- Drive with standard magnetic stirrers up to 500 rpm and allows improved mixing compared to stir bars
- Fully compatible with the proven DURAN® connection systems components
The DURAN® stirred reactor is ideal for the widest possible range of mixing processes in laboratories, e. g. mixing liquids or dissolving solids. The connections available permit you to introduce other media into the bottle or remove media during mixing. The connections (2 x GL 14 and 2 x GL 18) provided permit addition or removal of media from the bottle during the mixing process. The whole unit can be autoclaved and is therefore suitable for biological applications. By using components from the GLS 80® connection system, an additional media bottle (Tubing outer diameter: 1.6 – 12.0 mm) can be connected or a sterile pressure equalizer attached. Drive for the stirrer may provided by a standard commercial magnetic stirrer. The variable stirrer shaft can be used in DURAN® GLS 80® laboratory glass bottles (1000 mL and 2000 mL) and provides notably improved mixing in comparison with standard magnetic stir bars. The stirrer unit is interchangeable and can be used up to 500 rpm is possible Easy to use GLS 80® lab bottle based reactor system with tubing connectors for use with magnetic stirrers.