- Standardised GL-thread and matching cap system for particularly tight sealing and simple, clean pouring out
- Retrace Code, and certificate for manufacturing lot traceability
- Fired-on, highly durable white print
- Suitable for long-term storage
- Easy-to-read scale with graduation marks to estimate the content
DURAN® Original GL laboratory bottles have become the gold standard of multifunctional laboratory bottles since their introduction in 1972. The bottles are moulded from high-purity, clear, USP/EP Type I borosilicate glass 3.3, renowned for its excellent thermal performance, and high resistance to chemical attack. A combination of high-performance materials and robust ISO 4796-1 design provides a long working life. The bottles feature an easy-to-read graduated volume scale, and marking field in permanent white enamel. Permanent Retrace Code on each bottle for manufacturing lot traceability. DURAN® Original GL bottles are supplied complete with iconic blue polypropylene cap and drip-free pouring ring for use up to 140 °C. All components are fully autoclavable at 121 or 134 °C. The gold standard for multifunctional glass laboratory bottles.
Bottles, pouring rings and screw caps
can be sterilised.
During sterilisation, the screw caps
should be left loose. (not more than one
turn) to avoid setting up differential
pressure which could break the glass.
When freezing, place the bottles at an
angle (approx. 45 deg.) and do not fill to
more than 3/4 capacity (increased