- complies with DIN ISO 13130
- Due to the high wall-thickness of the vessels and the exact machining of the vacuum-tight ground joints on the lid and base, storage under vacuum is possible – even over extremely long periods
- To accelerate the drying process, a vacuum can be applied via the stopcock
- Suitable for full vacuum (0 mbar)
- Spare parts such as lids, bases, stopcocks and caps can be interchanged as required (observe DN)
The DURAN® desiccator is a vacuum-suitable laboratory vessel with a ground lid, which is used for storing moisture-sensitive substances and for drying moist products. Separated by a sieve plate (made of metal or porcelain), a drying agent is introduced into the lower part of the desiccator base, which binds the moisture of the substance to be dried, placed on the sieve plate. To accelerate the drying process, a vacuum can be connected if necessary, as the liquid evaporates faster due to a lower pressure in the desiccator. The vacuum is applied via a shut-off valve connection. To facilitate loosening of the lid, the surface grinding of the desiccator must be well greased, since after evacuation the lid is pressed onto the lower part. All DURAN® desiccators are vacuum-resistant, i.e. they can be used up to the technically maximum possible vacuum. The desiccator is used to store moisture-sensitive substances and to dry moist products.