BOD Determination made easy
BOD (Biochemical Oxygen Demand) Determination is a simple and easy way for monitoring the microorganisms’ activity in water samples with extremely reliable results.
In particular, microorganisms present or inoculated in a water sample containing biodegradable organic substance, consume oxygen for their metabolic activity and produce a corresponding volume of carbon dioxide.
The carbon dioxide get absorbed by a strong alkali positioned in the neck of the bottle. The result of this process is a decrease in gas pressure. The BOD measure this change in gas pressure between the beginning to the end of the analysis and give a result expressed in mg/l .
Safe and Easy to use
- Measurement on scales of 90, 250, 600, 999 and 4000 ppm BOD
- Higher values can be measured by diluting the sample
- Fits directly on the bottle containing the sample
- Automatically stores 5 BOD values at 24-hour intervals
- Enables analysis to continue over the weekend
- Results directly readable at any time, even after five days
- Direct readout in mg/l (ppm)
- Compact stirring stations
- Models with stirring stations offer VELP stirring quality
- IP 54 protection against particle and liquid ingress
- Class 3 IEC 1010 conformity